2017/18 NOMINATIONS FOR BOARD ELECTIONS
Nominations are now open for the 2017/18 Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce Board (The Chamber).
The Board’s role is to set the policy and determine the strategic direction of The Chamber.
The Board consists of 12 Directors, each serving a two year term. There are six positions available this election. Nominees must be existing members of The Chamber.
Nominations must be proposed and seconded. The nominator can be a member of the same organisation. The seconder must be from outside of your organisation. Both the nominator’s organisation and the seconder’s organisation must be current members of The Chamber.
The new Board will elect the President and up to two Vice Presidents.
How to Nominate:
If you wish to nominate a representative from your organisation, please supply the following no later than 5.00pm, Friday 18 August to the address stated on the nomination form:
- Completed nomination form (link here)
- Brief bio (maximum 250 words)
- Electronic photo
- 18 August: all nominations received by 5.00pm
- 24-28 August: filming period for candidates
- September: electronic voting commences – email distributed to members with link to vote
- 17 October: electronic voting closes at 5.00pm
- 18 October: results announced at AGM (held 4.00pm at The Chamber, 57 Kilmore Street)
The electronic voting process will be detailed via a special email to members in September.
Note: Nomimees have the opportunity to be filmed for a one minute video clip which will be uploaded to The Chamber’s website and shared with members. The video should detail what the nominee can offer as a Board Member of The Chamber. Videos will be filmed 24-28 August, or on another mutually agreeable date.
If you would like to find out more about the role of the Board please contact The Chamber (03 366 5096) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Peter Townsend, CNZM