Business Capability Assessment
Do you need assistance with business planning? Staff management? Sales & marketing? Business systems or exporting?
The Chamber is part of the Regional Business Partner Network (RBP). This network is supported by Callaghan Innovation and NZTE to provide information and advice to New Zealand businesses.
As a RBP we have specialist business advisers available to help business owners and/or key managers identify needs and opportunities to grow their business. We can provide advice, information, referrals and connections to businesses seeking support for their growth journey.
The Chamber will perform a FREE capability assessment and develop an Action Plan for your business which may include a Business Capability Voucher. Vouchers are available to businesses that demonstrate a desire to innovate and grow, and who meet the following criteria:
- have undergone an assessment with The Chamber or another Regional Business Partner
- have fewer than 50 full time equivalent employees
- are registered for GST in New Zealand
- are operating in a commercial environment
- are a privately owned business or a Maori Trust or incorporation under the Te Ture Whenua Maori Act 1993 or similar organisation managing Maori assets under multiple ownership.
If the above criteria are met, Business Capability Vouchers may be issued to those businesses which would benefit from accessing capability building, in particular those businesses that are:
- currently exporting, or
- part of the export supply chain, or
- show a strong interest and potential to export.
The value of the vouchers issued will vary and can be used to cover up to 50% of the full cost of the service fee up to a maximum value set. The maximum amount a business can receive in one year is $5000 excluding GST.
The Business Capability Vouchers are designed to support businesses to build capability through the following subject areas:
- Marketing strategies
- Business planning
- Capital raising
- Business systems
- Business sustainability
- Managing resources
- Lean manufacturing/Business operations
If you are a business seeking advice and support to help you grow, get in touch with us. Email Shirley van Waveren or call 03 335 3186.