Join Our Team
The Chamber prides itself on being a great place to work. We offer an empowering environment and are looking for people who are focused on providing excellent service to our members and the wider business community.
Current Vacancies: 1
Receptionist / Export Documentation Adviser
Listed: Friday 10 March
Position closes: Tuesday 21 March
The Canterbury Employers' Chamber of Commerce (The Chamber) helps members do business better. We have over 2,800 members who are at the heart of everything we do, and we're continually evolving our services to better support them. We've recently moved back to our permanent home in Kilmore Street and are looking for a Receptionist/Export Documentation Advisor who will be the first impression for members visiting the Chamber and who will help take The Chamber into a new, exciting chapter.
The successful candidate will have a special X factor about them, be excited by the opportunity to give exceptional customer service and can help us certify the hundreds of varied export documents we receive on a weekly basis. We're after someone who has a genuine desire to help businesses succeed (we call it a 'member first' mentality) and is passionate about what The Chamber offers.
This role's focus will be reception duties, export documentation certification, exporter query assistance and general administration support for the wider Chamber team.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a passion for providing excellent customer service and support
- Have previous reception or administration experience
- Ideally have exporting and/or export documentation knowledge and a general understanding of business
- Be structured and process driven and have excellent attention to detail
- Thrive on being busy, multi-tasking and working in fast paced organisation
- Enjoy working in an empowering environment and using their initiative
- Work well in a team environment and with other stakeholders – great communication skills are a must!
In return, we'll offer you:
- The opportunity to work for an organisation that exists to help businesses
- A supportive and empowering culture – we love to see our people excel and their ideas come to life
- A competitive remuneration package
- The opportunity to be part of an organisation that's a key part of Canterbury's business sector
- Great learning and development opportunities – The Chamber offers over 400 events and training each year
If this sounds like you, please request the job description before submitting your CV and application letter to email@example.com by Tuesday 21 March 2017.
If you'd like to learn more about the role, please give our Executive Office Manager a call on 03 353 4167.