Business Writing Skills
The contemporary workplace requires all staff to have, as a priority, excellent written communication with internal and external stakeholders, because every message you send creates a perception. The ability to write business documents so that you achieve your communication objectives is a skill that enhances your professional credibility, and benefits the whole organisation.
This half-day, practical business-writing course encourages you to make the reader the central focus of all your business writing. In addition, the workshop allows you to reflect on your emails and letters and make some key changes to structure, grammar and punctuation in order to communicate with greater clarity.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of contemporary business writing conventions
- use F-shape writing to improve readability and message processing
- recognise the importance of effective sentence and paragraph construction
- recognise common grammatical errors in business writing
- use sound writing principles and current formats to write effective letters and emails
- demonstrate the importance of writing in plain English
- use self-editing and proofreading techniques to improve accuracy.
- Sentence and paragraph construction
- Business writing grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Appropriate business writing conventions
- Structure and information order of business documents
- Editing and proofreading.
Wednesday 5 April 2017
9:00am to 1:00pm
The Chamber, 57 Kilmore Street
Desirée (Communication Works) designs and facilitates training for organisations seeking more authentic and effective workplace communication with every stakeholder. Her focus for all participants is to facilitate the discovery of solutions to communication issues, and to enhance the effectiveness of their workplace communication from customer service, team buliding, oral presentation and business writing skills.
$320.00 + GST
$640.00 + GST