Holidays Act, Leave Entitlements & Payroll
Ensure your business complies with changes to the Holidays Act 2003. Understand how to implement changes to your business and deal with tricky payroll and holidays issues. Employers who understand obligations under the Holidays Act 2003 are better able to plan and manage liabilities and staffing needs.
This course will help you plan for dealing with three main types of leave - annual holidays, public holidays, sick and bereavement leave.
Topics covered include:
- Overview of Holidays Act 2003 including updates
- Budgeting for annual holidays and calculating pay
- Discuss sickness and bereavement leave
- Proof of sick leave and when you can ask for medical certificates
- Calculating annual holiday payments
- Relevant daily pay 'average daily pay'
- Issues that employers have with calculating holiday payments
- Holiday pay following special leave parental leave
- What to reasonably deduct
- Interactive seminar with questions and answers and case scenarios
This is the part of our breakfast series courses. They will be small group table discussions around current issues.
Thursday 30 November 2017
8.00am - 11.00am
The Chamber, 57 Kilmore Street
Julia is a qualified employment lawyer, who specialises in people management training to help businesses create better workplaces. As director of KiwiBoss, she delivers training on human resources, employment relations, and privacy law. Julia trains corporate groups in-house, and regularly presents webinars for CCH Learning. She is an employment columnist for the NZ Herald.
$160.00 + GST
$320.00 + GST