Essential Human Resources
This two day course provides a sound practical guide to the key components of Human Resources within employment law in New Zealand. Discover how strategic HR practice, recruitment and performance management can add real value to your business. Learn techniques that will help you deal with non-performance. Find out how to generate and add business value using sound HR strategy and practice.
This course is designed for managers with HR responsibilities or those new to HR, in-house and agency recruiters and administration professionals who have HR responsibilities. The course will also appeal to experienced HR assistants who wish to update knowledge around legislation and practical skills.
Topics covered include:
- Make recruitment and selection work for your business
- Consider recruitment and selection options for the right fit
- Practice structured interviewing techniques
- Develop job descriptions and person profiles for your organisation
- Discuss the most important aspects of induction
- Understand how performance management improves productivity
- Practice giving effective feedback
- Consider the basics of disciplinary procedure
- Apply current New Zealand employment legislation
- Find out principles of workplace learning
- Develop a workplace training programme to meet individual and organisational needs
- Develop fair and equitable pay and reward schemes
- Find out how the strategic role of Human Resources contributes to an organisation.
Thursday 27 & Friday 28 July
9:00am to 4.30pm
The Chamber, 57 Kilmore Street
Julia is a qualified employment lawyer, who specialises in people management training to help businesses create better workplaces. As director of KiwiBoss, she delivers training on human resources, employment relations, and privacy law. Julia trains corporate groups in-house, and regularly presents webinars for CCH Learning. She is an employment columnist for the NZ Herald.
$800.00 + GST
$1,600.00 + GST