Advanced Training for H&S Reps - Stage 2
This advanced training course reviews the role of the representative and builds on the skills, knowledge and competences developed in the Essential Training for Health and Safety Representatives (Stage 1).
This two-day course provides health and safety representatives with necessary knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, the supporting Health and Safety Regulations and the duties of the representative.
Who should attend
- Health and safety representatives who have completed Stage 1 of the training
- Health and safety committee members
- Others with an interest in, or responsibility for, workplace health and safety
Learn how to:
- Develop skills to effectively perform in a workplace health and safety role
- Discharge duties under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
- Understand the Health and Safety Regulations and guidance material
- Identify risks and hazards - and control them
- Use accident data to identify trends
- Conduct internal self - assessment or audits in order to prevent injuries
- Revision of Stage 1 Health and Safety representative training
- Gathering and interpreting accident and injury data
- Health and Safety management systems - internal audit or self assessment
- Hazard identification - body mapping
- Hazard management - control of specific hazards using codes of practice and guidelines.
Wednesday 5 & Thursday 6 July 2017
9:00am to 3:30pm
The Chamber, 57 Kilmore Street
Steve Cooper, Health & Safety Consultant. Steve has extensive experience with the systematic management of hazards and risks in the workplace and a comprehensive understanding of health and safety auditing programmes. Steve is focused on ‘win-win’ outcomes and believes in tailoring health and safety systems to suit the individual organisational needs of CECC Members and Clients.