NON-PREFERENTIAL CERTIFICATES OF ORIGIN
Certificates of origin (COO) are ‘shipment specific’ documents certifying the place of growth, production, or manufacture of goods exported from New Zealand. If you wish to obtain a certificate of origin, please email the Certs Team
for information about the registration process.
There are two ways in which non-preferential certificates of origin can be submitted:
1. Electronic Certification
Registered users can submit their stand
ard certificates of origin through essCert
. This allows you to complete your certificate of origin online and receive your approved documents in PDF format.
2. Manual Certification
Wet-stamped certification may be required by some Customs Authorities – particularly for Middle Eastern countries. Please check with your importer if a wet-stamp COO is required or if an electronically certified COO will suffice.
A. Download the required template + guides:
B. Complete your template.
C. Forward to the Chamber for certification
Via email: [email protected]
Certified documents will be processed on the same day and will be returned via a pre-arranged method with the exporter.
OR Deliver to: Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce, 57 Kilmore Street, Christchurch Central, Christchurch, 8013.
Documents can be certified while you wait, please ensure a copy of each document is provided for our records.
For more information and templates on CPTPP, Korea and Taiwan, please contact us here
A carnet is a Customs document which facilitates the temporary export of goods overseas. They can be likened to as passport for your goods. Carnets can be valid for up to a year, for multiple trips.
The advantages of using a carnet are:
- Saves you money – by allowing temporary duty-free admission of your goods into overseas countries.
- Saves you time – by avoiding the need to prepare importation forms for different counties.
- Saves on hassle – by avoiding the possibility of goods being confiscated by Customs.
- Makes business easier – by making Customs arrangement in advance and at a predetermined cost.
Carnets can only be obtained from the Wellington Chamber of Commerce. For more information and to apply, please follow this link
- FTA Certificates of Origin: $33.00 + GST
- Standard Documentation (CECC Member): $25.00 + GST
- Standard Documentation (CECC Non-member): $46.00 + GST
To register for the Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce export documentation service, please call on 03 366 5096 or email the Certs Team