TRAINING & EVENTS ADMINISTRATOR
This an exciting opportunity for a strong Customer Experience Administrator with a passion for delighting customers through events and learning experiences to join our team at the Chamber and become an integral part of the Learning and Events team.
The Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce (The Chamber) is on an exciting transformation journey as part of ensuring we meet and exceed changing consumer demands, apply new technology to continue to drive efficiency, customer engagement and a strong customer experience, all of which will result in ensuring we have a sustainable business model, fit for the future.
About the role
The Customer Experience Administrator will be the first point of contact for our training and events customers, ensuring that their customer experience is an excellent one.
This is a pivotal and proactive role responsible for the smooth administration and delivery of The Chamber’s broad portfolio of online and onsite training workshops, qualifications and events. The ideal candidate should be extremely organised, detail-oriented, and enjoy working within a fast-paced customer centric role.
The candidate should also be self-driven, with excellent written and verbal communication skills and a passion to exceed customer expectations. The key components of this multi-faceted role will offer diversity and challenge while delivering a great customer experience resulting in strong member engagement with our services.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Customer service - First point of contact for all training and events registration queries for both internal and external customers, meeting and greeting our customers, facilitators, and suppliers, producing name badges and registration lists, marking attendance and kick starting our training sessions to ensure health, safety and connectedness of our customers.
- Customer support - Supporting customers to register or reschedule their event and training attendance and general enquiries. Ensuring customer records are kept up to date.
- Customer experience – Responsible for the set up and upkeep of events and training spaces including low-level physical activity such as setting up and packing down tables and catering, presentations, IT (and any other required) equipment, kitchen and service areas.
- Administration and coordination of The Chamber’s portfolio of online and onsite training workshops, qualifications and events in quieter periods, to support customer service.
Special Requirements: Due to the COVID requirements imposed for entry into several venues, it is necessary that the successful applicant be double vaccinated.
The successful candidate will:
- Experience in a customer facing or administrative support role
- Experience handling high volumes of emails and calls is essential
- Must be extremely customer service-oriented with a passion to exceed customer expectations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proofreading; a great communicator – with colleagues and customers alike
- Suitable candidates should have strong administration and coordination skills, working in a methodical, logical, and organised way with the ability to prioritise workflow or change focus as necessary
- You should be technology savvy, have online meeting experience (e.g. Zoom and Teams), enjoy troubleshooting, and have an enquiring mind
- Good computer skills (excellent Microsoft Suite skills)
- A team player who’s prepared to work extra hours (when necessary) to get the job done
- Thrives on working in a fast-paced organisation
In return, we will offer you:
- A supportive and empowering culture – we love to see our people excel and their ideas come to life through our values: We are Real, We Own It, We Focus on Impact and We ♥ our Customers
- The opportunity to be part of an organisation that is a key part of Canterbury’s business future
- Great learning and development opportunities through The Chamber’s comprehensive events and training programme
- The chance to develop and deliver on your own ideas
It is an exciting time to be joining The Chamber as we are actively engaged in a period of strategic transformation.
If this sounds like you, please read the job description here, before submitting your CV and cover letter via Seek . The position closes at 5.00pm on Thursday 11 August 2022.