This one day workshop hones in on the employment issues that often prove the most challenging and complex for business owners and manager, breaking down the fundamental employment law principles and providing practical information managers and business owners need to know.
YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- The Employment Relations Act – The essentials
- Types of employment arrangements, trial periods and probationary options, union rights and bargaining, good faith, flexible working, personal grievances and exit options
- The Holidays Act – overview of obligations
- Dealing with all types of leave such as sick leave, annual, bereavement and public holidays
- Domestic Violence Victim protection
- Human Rights, Privacy Acts and Health and Safety Acts, Parental leave, minimum wages – The essentials
- Restructuring, Redundancy and Dismissals
SO YOU CAN:
- Comply with employment legislation and manage your staff and business effectively
- Understand leave and wage entitlements
- Manage disciplinary procedures effectively meeting obligations of good faith and fairness
- Receive the latest updates on legal changes and case law
- Review and update your internal policies and procedures to comply with the law
- Employment related legal compliance
- Reduce risks of employees bringing about claims of disadvantage during employment
- Reduce risks of personal grievance
- Greater confidence in managing difficult employment and staffing issues
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is designed for owners, and managers with people responsibilities and administration/office professionals who have HR responsibilities or want to build Employment Relations capability.
It is useful for anyone who wants to know how to comply with employment related law and those who have to develop policies and procedures to manage risks in the workplace.
COMMENTS FROM PREVIOUS ATTENDEES:
"The slides were very easy to follow and the group activities were great"
"Really informative and well explained with applicable examples"
"The information was made easy to understand"
"Factual and straight to the point"