Owing to the evolving situation with COVID-19 this training is POSTPONED - attendees will be contacted directly to confirm the plan for delivery of this programme. We are currently exploring alternative on-line delivery options where appropriate.
Understand your responsibilities regarding contractor engagement and management under the Health and Safety at Work Act.
Ensure you have a high standard of contractor health and safety management practices in your workplace.
YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and Regulations – what the legislative framework requires
- Overlapping duties
- Tools to develop a simple, practical contractor pre-qualification process
- Contractor selection and negotiation of terms
- Awarding the contract
- Monitoring & reviewing the contract
- Day to day safety culture
SO YOU CAN:
Make sure you get the right contractor for your organisation
- Ensure that your contractors are qualified to undertake the work for you
- Know your contractors are safe while doing work for you
- Liaise with your contractors to ensure your overlapping duties are fulfilled
- Review contractor performance
A more productive multi PCBU relationship – consult, coordinate and cooperate
- A well-documented contractor management process
- A safer environment for your workers and your contractors
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
For the company or manager who will engage contractors to carry out work
- For contractors who would like to know more about the contractor management process.
Member: $290 + GST
Non-Member: $580 + GST
Alan Boswell, The Chamber - Health & Safety Consultant
Alan has extensive experience in occupational health and safety with over thirty years in industry as an engineer, instructor and consultant, delivering guidance to multi nationals and SMEs alike.
He can provide support services including machine safety and hazardous substance audits, accident investigation, the development of bespoke health and safety management systems. Alan has operated in various industries including dairy, engineering, manufacturing, retail and education.Having been an instructor for 18 years, Alan can deliver subject matter to the highest standards, to ensure the most effective training outcomes.
Alan is a Technician member of NZISM, and with an educational background in law, has the ability to implement legislation in a practical way.
COMMENTS FROM PREVIOUS ATTENDEES:
"Upbeat and great content good energy , he knows the subject well"
"All relevant, great to have the discussion tailored to us"