Ensure you have a high standard of health and safety practices in your workplace. This half day course is an ideal opportunity for senior managers/business owners to understand their health and safety responsibilities to their business, learn to implement a practical health and safety system and make their workplace safer and more productive.
YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
• Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 – what the legislative framework requires
• Health and Safety at Work Regulations – which support the Act
• Tools to develop a simple, practical and good practice health and safety system
• The duty holders under the law – and their duties
• Penalties – for non-compliance
• Building and promoting a positive health and safety culture in your workplace – create a competitive advantage
• How to manage the difficult conversations with your workers
• Information about further health and safety training.
SO YOU CAN:
• Lead from the top
• Ask the right questions
• Develop a culture that puts health and safety first
• Understand your roles and responsibilities in health and safety
• Consider the hazards your workers face, and act.
• Leadership of a more engaged workforce
• The safe and healthy work environment your workers deserve
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This course is designed to engage mid and senior level managers who need a greater understanding of their health and safety role within the business, and how great leadership can dramatically influence the development of organisational culture.
Member: $290 + GST
Non-Member $580 + GST
Alan Boswell, The Chamber - Health & Safety Consultant
Alan has extensive experience in occupational health and safety with over thirty years in industry as an engineer, instructor and consultant, delivering guidance to multi nationals and SMEs alike.
He can provide support services including machine safety and hazardous substance audits, accident investigation, the development of bespoke health and safety management systems. Alan has operated in various industries including dairy, engineering, manufacturing, retail and education.Having been an instructor for 18 years, Alan can deliver subject matter to the highest standards, to ensure the most effective training outcomes.
Alan is a Technician member of NZISM, and with an educational background in law, has the ability to implement legislation in a practical way.
COMMENTS FROM PREVIOUS ATTENDEES:
"Alan's delivery is to the point , engaging and entertaining - brilliant"
"It was interactive and the content relevant and easy to understand with practical suggestion"
" I will now ensure that more team members are involved in health & safety within our organisation"
"The delivery was great and the content was relevant for my industry"
"informal and great open discussions"
"Alan had great knowledge and the ability to make things real"