Over the course of this 4 module programme, you’ll learn the processes involved in planning, implementing and evaluating your organisation's occupational health and safety policies.
Proudly brought to you by EMA Northern this programme is perfect for safety supervisors, coordinators or team leaders and is suitable for those with a minimum qualification of National Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety - Workplace Safety (Level 3) or equivalent work experience.
Holders of this qualification will be eligible to apply to the New Zealand Institute of Safety Management (NZISM) to support their application for Technician accreditation.
• Health and safety plan implementation
• Hazard management systems development and implementation
• Incident investigation
• Health and safety management requirements
• Auditing health and safety management systems
YOU WILL LEARN ABOUT:
• Communicate, implement, supervise and monitor job-specific Health and Safety requirements and practices in the workplace.
• Use leadership skills to promote the benefits of good Health and Safety practices, and a proactive Health and Safety culture within the workplace.
• Apply your knowledge of Health and Safety risk analyses and mitigation strategies.
• Conduct a Health and Safety assessment and prepare your organisation for a health and safety audit/inspection.
SO YOU CAN:
• Prepare and implement a health & safety plan
• Manage and control occupational health and safety practice
• Evaluate occupational health and safety standards
• Provide management advice and input into health and safety strategies, policies and practices
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
If you want to move into an OHS practitioner role, or you are responsible for workplace health and safety in your current role, this programme will provide a solid foundation of skills. To be able to complete this course you will need to be employed by an organisation which will allow you access to their health and safety management system.
Member $4,000 + GST
Non-Member $4,600 + GST
Block 1: Monday 3 & Tuesday 4 August, 9.00am - 4.00pm
Block 2: Thursday 10 & Friday 11 September, 9.00am - 4.00pm
Study Day: Thursday 30 September
Block 3: Monday 5 & Tuesday 6 October, 9.00am - 4.00pm
Block 4: Monday 2 & Tuesday 3 November, 9.00am - 4.00pm
Helen Mason and Alan Boswell, Health and Safety Consultants for The Canterbury Employers' Chamber of Commerce
Please contact Helen Mason 353 0304 | firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this training prior to registering.
*This programme is approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority under section 249 of the Education Act 1989, and Employers’ and Manufacturers’ Association (Northern) Incorporated Trading as EMA Training is accredited to provide it under section 250 of the Act.