YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Your health and safety obligations with regard to accidents and incidents
- Accident investigation/causation models
- Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 – requirements for Notifiable Events
- Notifiable injury, illness and incident – explained
- Tools to report and investigate accidents
- Interview Techniques
SO YOU CAN:
- Work through case studies for accident reporting and investigation
- Conduct low to moderate level investigations in your workplace
- Prevent any further similar accidents occurring
- Ensure accident investigation procedure is followed and accurate records are kept
- A lower accident rate
- A functional and effective accident reporting and investigation process
- A thorough understanding of the importance of immediate and root causes and their relevance to accident prevention
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Every business should possess the ability to effectively investigate an accident in the workplace. This course will provide the toolbox to do that for anyone who needs to know ‘what happened?’ From senior managers, supervisors, health and safety reps, to production staff, Accident Investigation will move you away from blame to discover what actually causes accidents and incidents.
We are now able to offer an optional Unit Standard to accompany this course.
NZQA Unit Standards (optional)
17601 Version 4, Level 4, Credits 6. Produce an occupational health and safety incident investigation.
Learners can expect to do an additional 53 hours of self-directed learning to complete this unit standard.
Note: This is not an NZQA approved course, however learners that achieve the unit standard attached to this course will have this added to their NZ Record of Achievement from NZQA.
NZQA Unit Standard : Member Price $60 + GST | Non-Member Price $120 + GST
Member: $490 + GST
Non-Member: $980 + GST
Alan Boswell, The Chamber - Health & Safety Consultant
Alan has extensive experience in occupational health and safety with over thirty years in industry as an engineer, instructor and consultant, delivering guidance to multi nationals and SMEs alike.
He can provide support services including machine safety and hazardous substance audits, accident investigation, the development of bespoke health and safety management systems. Alan has operated in various industries including dairy, engineering, manufacturing, retail and education.Having been an instructor for 18 years, Alan can deliver subject matter to the highest standards, to ensure the most effective training outcomes.
Alan is a Technician member of NZISM, and with an educational background in law, has the ability to implement legislation in a practical way.
COMMENTS FROM PREVIOUS ATTENDEES:
"Informative but also kept it light and used relevant examples, interesting content, great delivery"
"Alan kept the session interactive and interesting, he clearly knows his subject"
'Spoke well and to all different levels"
"Engaging entertaining and knowledgeable"