Ensure you have a high standard of health and safety practices in your workplace. This half day course is an ideal opportunity for senior managers/business owners to understand their health and safety responsibilities to their business, learn to implement a practical health and safety system and make their workplace safer and more productive.
YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
• Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 – what the legislative framework requires
• Health and Safety at Work Regulations – which support the Act
• Tools to develop a simple, practical and good practice health and safety system
• The duty holders under the law – and their duties
• Penalties – for non-compliance
• Building and promoting a positive health and safety culture in your workplace – create a competitive advantage
• How to manage the difficult conversations with your workers
• Information about further health and safety training.
SO YOU CAN:
• Lead from the top
• Ask the right questions
• Develop a culture that puts health and safety first
• Understand your roles and responsibilities in health and safety
• Consider the hazards your workers face, and act.
• Leadership of a more engaged workforce
• The safe and healthy work environment your workers deserve
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
This course is designed to engage mid and senior level managers who need a greater understanding of their health and safety role within the business, and how great leadership can dramatically influence the development of organisational culture.
Member: $290 + GST
Non-Member $580 + GST
Helen Mason, The Chamber - Health & Safety Consultant
Helen Mason has extensive health and safety experience, including over 15 years as a health and safety consultant, as well as significant in-house experience within both the public and private sector. Helen is skilled at being able to provide support to organisations at any stage of their health and safety journey – from systems audits, legislation updates and documentation right through to customised in-house training, staff inductions and on-call support. With a focus on long-term partnerships, Helen regularly works with a wide range of clients from across a variety of sectors throughout New Zealand, including SMEs, large multinational corporates and not-for-profits, to help organisations more effectively manage health and safety in the workplace.
COMMENTS FROM PREVIOUS ATTENDEES:
"Well structured workshop , great information pamphlet plus some handy tips covering business & health & safety"
"Lots of examples, opportunities to ask questions & knowledge of various industries"
'Delivered in a clear and practical manner, down to earth presenter who spoke from experience"
"Fabulous speaker, all information was great an valuable"