YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
• How to effectively perform the responsibilities of a workplace health and safety representative
• Understand health and safety legal requirements
• Promote the successful management of health and safety issues in good faith
• Representatives' wider roles: network and resources
• The formation and importance of Health and Safety Committees
• The ability to administer a Provisional Improvement Notice or direct unsafe work to cease
SO YOU CAN:
• Gain an introduction to workplace health and safety
• Understand worker engagement and participation
• Use good faith practices
• Fulfil the functions of health and safety representatives
• Employ effective risk and hazard management
• Promote workplace health and safety culture
• The ability to act as an effective health and safety representative
• Greater worker engagement and participation
• A more robust health and safety culture within your organisation
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
• Recently elected or appointed health and safety representatives
• Health and safety committee members
• Others with and interest in, or responsibility for, workplace health and safety
NZQA Unit Standards (optional)
29315, Level 3, Credits 2. Describe the roles and functions of the Health & Safety Representative in a New Zealand Workplace.
Learners can expect to do an additional 5 hours of self-directed learning to complete this unit standard.
NZQA Unit Standard : Member Price $60 + GST | Non-Member Price $120 + GST
Member: $600 + GST
Non-Member: $700 + GST
Are you eligible for Funding?
Businesses may also be eligible for NZTE Capability Development vouchers that can cover up to 50% of training courses costs. The criteria for this funding is listed under The RBP Network Can Connect You listing in the NZTE Regional Business Partner programme. To find out more, please contact Shirley can Waveren at The Chamber - Email: ShirleyVW@cecc.org.nz or Freephone: 0800 50 50 96.
Alan Boswell, The Chamber - Health & Safety Consultant
Alan has extensive experience in occupational health and safety with over thirty years in industry as an engineer, instructor and consultant, delivering guidance to multi nationals and SMEs alike. He can provide support services including machine safety and hazardous substance audits, accident investigation, the development of bespoke health and safety management systems. Alan has operated in various industries including dairy, engineering, manufacturing, retail and education.Having been an instructor for 18 years, Alan can deliver subject matter to the highest standards, to ensure the most effective training outcomes.
Alan is a Technician member of NZISM, and with an educational background in law, has the ability to implement legislation in a practical way.
COMMENTS FROM PREVIOUS ATTENDEES:
"Very easy to understand and very relateable"
"Alan has great enthusiasm for heath & safety and is very knowledgeable"
"Great energy and was able to connect with the whole group"
"Fantastic training, easy to understand and not at all boring"
"Alan used examples of re-life situations which were incredibly informative"
"Very good knowledge of the content, nice guy and the training didn't get boring"