YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
• How to effectively perform the responsibilities of a workplace health and safety representative
• Understand health and safety legal requirements
• Promote the successful management of health and safety issues in good faith
• Representatives' wider roles: network and resources
• The formation and importance of Health and Safety Committees
• The ability to administer a Provisional Improvement Notice or direct unsafe work to cease
SO YOU CAN:
• Gain an introduction to workplace health and safety
• Understand worker engagement and participation
• Use good faith practices
• Fulfil the functions of health and safety representatives
• Employ effective risk and hazard management
• Promote workplace health and safety culture
• The ability to act as an effective health and safety representative
• Greater worker engagement and participation
• A more robust health and safety culture within your organisation
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
• Recently elected or appointed health and safety representatives
• Health and safety committee members
• Others with and interest in, or responsibility for, workplace health and safety
NZQA Unit Standard Assessment Opportunity
All participants have the option of completing unit standard 29315, Describe the roles and functions of the Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand Workplace (Level 3), 2 credits. Assessments are completed after the course as they do, in some cases, require evidence of workplace learning.
NZQA Unit Standard : Member Price $60 + GST | Non-Member Price $120 + GST
Stephanie creates a safe environment to address each person’s needs and get the relevant and appropriate message across in a fun and relatable way. Uniquely qualified to deliver many aspects of Health, Safety and Wellness education, Stephanie informs and inspires her audiences.
She has worked as a Health and Safety Educator since 1996; beginning her journey with the Engineers Union; working for 2 years with the British Health and Safety Executive and then working for many years as a Health and Safety Consultant with various clients.
Stephanie has a Masters Degree in Consumer and Applied Science (Otago), a post graduate certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (Otago) and a Licentiate diploma in Speech and Drama from the Trinity College of London.
Member: $600 + GST
COMMENTS FROM PREVIOUS ATTENDEES:
Non-Member: $700 + GST
"Very easy to understand and very relatable"
"Great energy and was able to connect with the whole group"
"Fantastic training, easy to understand and not at all boring"