The importance of recording, reporting and investigating accidents and incidents is essential to preventing injuries in the future. This course provides tools for effective recording, reporting, investigation and analysis of data.
YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Your health and safety obligations with regard to accidents and incidents
- Accident investigation/causation models
- Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 – requirements for Notifiable Events
- Notifiable injury, illness and incident – explained
- Tools to report and investigate accidents
- Interview Techniques
SO YOU CAN:
- Work through case studies for accident reporting and investigation
- Conduct low to moderate level investigations in your workplace
- Prevent any further similar accidents occurring
- Ensure accident investigation procedure is followed and accurate records are kept
- A lower accident rate
- A functional and effective accident reporting and investigation process
- A thorough understanding of the importance of immediate and root causes and their relevance to accident prevention
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Every business should possess the ability to effectively investigate an accident in the workplace. This course will provide the toolbox to do that for anyone who needs to know ‘what happened?’ From senior managers, supervisors, health and safety reps, to production staff, Accident Investigation will move you away from blame to discover what actually causes accidents and incidents.
Member: $490 + GST
Non-Member: $980 + GST
Josh Te Kaat, Health and Safety Advisor (The Chamber)
In his role Josh advises businesses across Canterbury on risk, health and safety and compliance. He does so by translating complex laws and systems into simple, practical outcomes.
Josh brings 30 years of experience in risk, health and safety and compliance along with a wealth of knowledge across the primary production sector, particularly fisheries, and forestry, manufacturing and retail.
Josh prides himself on his relatable, down to earth approach to business, with the ability to coach at all levels.
COVID-19 VACCINE POLICY AND PRACTICES:
Please note, on the day of training all learners / visitors to our premises will be required to:
• Stay away if experiencing cold or flu like symptoms, or if a close contact or someone in your household has been exposed to COVID-19.
• Sign/Scan in using the COVID-19 tracer app.
• Follow all applicable COVID-19 protocols and restrictions based on the highest COVID-19 Protection Framework level that applies to both where the attendee is visiting from
and the Canterbury region, including social distancing, and mask wearing outside of the classroom.
• And, from 3 December 2021, present proof of vaccination via a COVID-19 Vaccine Pass, which will be scanned upon entry.
Click here for further details on our terms and conditions.