The importance of recording, reporting and investigating accidents and incidents is essential to preventing injuries in the future. This course provides tools for effective recording, reporting, investigation and analysis of data.
YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Your health and safety obligations with regard to accidents and incidents
- Accident investigation/causation models
- Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 – requirements for Notifiable Events
- Notifiable injury, illness and incident – explained
- Tools to report and investigate accidents
- Interview Techniques
SO YOU CAN:
- Work through case studies for accident reporting and investigation
- Conduct low to moderate level investigations in your workplace
- Prevent any further similar accidents occurring
- Ensure accident investigation procedure is followed and accurate records are kept
- A lower accident rate
- A functional and effective accident reporting and investigation process
- A thorough understanding of the importance of immediate and root causes and their relevance to accident prevention
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Every business should possess the ability to effectively investigate an accident in the workplace. This course will provide the toolbox to do that for anyone who needs to know ‘what happened?’ From senior managers, supervisors, health and safety reps, to production staff, Accident Investigation will move you away from blame to discover what actually causes accidents and incidents.
Member: $490 + GST
Non-Member: $980 + GST
Donna Burt is a self employed Health and Safety Consultant/OHN. A Registered Nurse, Donna has worked in a variety of health and safety roles for the last twenty odd years. Industries worked in include construction, manufacturing, agriculture, government and health care. She has a Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences (OH with Distinction) from Otago University and a Graduate Diploma in Business Studies from Massey University.