Are you tasked with the coordination of your organisation’s health and safety management system?
Are you seeking information about what is required to create a health and safety management system?
Modern, effective workplace health and safety management is a strategic business advantage; however, it relies on a systematic approach.
This course will introduce you to the core elements of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System and help you with strategies to encourage active worker and management involvement in your workplace.
You’ll learn about:
- Managers, Supervisors and Health and Safety - the duties and obligations of the different stakeholders
- Workers - who they are and what are their duties
- Compliance and Reasonably Practicable - performance monitoring and safety observations
- Management and documentation of risks and hazards
- Injuries, illnesses, incidents and notifiable events – recording, reporting and investigation
- Health and safety planning, training and supervision
- Worker involvement through engagement, participation and representation
- Emergency management – training and response
- Contractor management – good practice
- Rehabilitation - after a workplace accident
- Changing behaviour - achieving desired behaviour.
So you can:
- Understand key elements of the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Determine suitable health and safety and risk management policy, procedures and initiatives to systematically build an auditable system.
- Improve your health and safety documents to be better understood by your workforce.
- Maintain a risk and hazard register.
- Project manage an implementation plan and use a management review cycle to gauge success.
- The implementation of an auditable system against AS/ NZS 4801:2001. Participants will be provided with practical tools, information and guidance notes on the implementation of AS/NZS 4804:2001 Occupational Health and Safety.
Who is this course for?
- Persons who are tasked with the coordination of your organisation’s health and safety management system?
Member: $329 + GST
Non-Member: $658 + GST