From supporting employees to return to work, to managing the absences that have a detrimental effect on business, to making the difficult decision to terminate employment for ongoing medical incapacity in cases where you simply cannot hold a job open indefinitely.
This half day course, will help employers and managers to understand and manage excessive or ad hoc sick leave, and longer term illness and injury.
YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
In this half day course, you will develop an understanding and awareness of:
- The legislation that determines sick leave entitlements and your obligations with employment agreements
- Good practice and good faith dealings when managing an employee who has a medical condition and certificate of short-term incapacity
- Dealing with suspicion or evidence of dishonesty and abuse of sick leave
- Managing ad-hoc and intermittent sick leave or unpaid absences
- Supporting and Managing an effective return to work
- Reasonable processes for terminating for medical incapacity
- Pro-active steps to improve employee support and attendance
SO YOU CAN:
- Develop best practice sick leave management that meets the requirements of the law
- Manage and implement procedures around sickness and medical incapacity
- Comply with holidays and employment law legislation
- Compliance with employment law on sickness issues
- Reduced risks of a personal grievance or employment relationship problems
- Greater confidence in managing difficult and emotional issues
- Improved staff engagement and reduced uncertainty in attendance
- Better business performance outcomes
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is aimed at providing all business owners, managers, employers, human resources and administrators seeking practical guidance on managing staff and sick leave.
Member Price: $329 + GST
Non-Member Price: $658 + GST
COMMENTS FROM PREVIOUS ATTENDESS:
“All the information was great.”
“Clear and Concise.”
“Presenter spoke well and good natured/ easy to listen too.”
“Like all the hand-outs ”
“Interaction and being able to ask questions.”
“Good relevant content.”
“Engaging delivery – knowledgeable – good materials.”
COVID-19 VACCINE POLICY AND PRACTICES:
Please note, on the day of training all learners / visitors to our premises will be required to:
• Stay away if experiencing cold or flu like symptoms, or if a close contact or someone in your household has been exposed to COVID-19.
• Sign/Scan in using the COVID-19 tracer app.
• Follow all applicable COVID-19 protocols and restrictions based on the highest COVID-19 Protection Framework level that applies to both where the attendee is visiting from
and the Canterbury region, including social distancing, and mask wearing outside of the classroom.
• And, from 3 December 2021, present proof of vaccination via a COVID-19 Vaccine Pass, which will be scanned upon entry.
Click here for further details on our terms and conditions.