THIS COURSE IS FULL, PLEASE EMAIL MARY - email@example.com TO BE PUT ON THE WAITLIST.
THE NEXT PROGRAMME STARTS ON 22 OCTOBER.
Do you have the essential skills to be a team leader?
- how to build relationships with your team
- strategies to manage conflict
- the art of successful delegation
- techniques to engage your team in decision making and problem solving
- how to coach others to develop their skills and knowledge.
- Please note we can also deliver this as an in-house option.
YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
MODULE 1: UNDERSTANDING YOUR ROLE - 8 July 2019
• The supervisory role as it relates to your workplace
• Building relationships with your team
• Motivating your team to perform
MODULE 2: GETTING THINGS DONE - 15 July 2019
• Setting clear goals and prioritising tasks
• The art of successful delegation and managing time stealers
MODULE 3: HANDLING TRICKY SITUATIONS - 29 July 2019
• Understanding how conflict arises in the workplace
• Strategies to manage and resolve conflict
MODULE 4: DEVELOPING OTHERS TO SUCCEED - 5 August 2019
• Coaching others to develop their skills and knowledge
• Giving appraisal feedback in a one-on-one situation
MODULE 5: MAKING GOOD DECISIONS - 12 August 2019
• Improving the quality of your decisions
• Adopting a systematic approach to problem solving and making decisions with confidence.
SO YOU CAN:
- Operate effectively and support your manager and teams
- Contribute to a motivational workplace culture
- Achieve a balance in your workload and supervisory responsibilities
- Work efficiently and allocate work to others to get the tasks done
- Manage conflict situations calmly and constructively
- Develop your team members to reach their full potential
- Give constructive and motivational feedback to others
- Think about workplace situations from different perspectives
- Understand and support decisions and get others on board
- A manageable workload
- A workplace culture that is motivational and engaging
- Efficiency within the workplace
- A high performing and harmonious working environment
- Teams that are working well together to achieve business objectives
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Anyone in an existing Supervisory or 2IC role who wishes to refresh their skills, and explore current best practice.
- Anyone who is thinking of moving into a supervisory role and wishes to explore the role, and responsibilities further.
Whole Course Member: $1120 + GST
Whole Course Non-Member: $2240 + GST
Victoria is a learning and development professional with over 20 years experience in writing, delivering and evaluating leadership, management and sales training programme's, operating in the UK and New Zealand.Victoria works closely with The Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce and enjoys designing and delivering a broad range of training programme’s for Canterbury employers as well as offering advice and consultancy services in all areas of people and performance including leadership and management development, managing performance, HR processes and employment law.Victoria holds a Level 5 Diploma in Adult Learning and Education, a Massey Certificate in Employment Relations and is passionate about helping organisations realise the potential in their people.Victoria can deliver tailor made training for your organisation and deliver in house to groups or via one to one coaching.
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS ATTENDEES:
“Every aspect of this training is applicable in my role to help me develop myself and my team”
“Victoria is a very positive can-do person and makes you feel like you can have the confidence to do the same”
“Victoria was helpful and engaging, made all the course work fun and interesting”