Cultural intelligence is one of the most critical skills in business. With a growing Maori population reflected in our workforce, customers and stakeholders, there’s never been a better time to grow your competence and awareness of New Zealand’s unique and rich Maori heritage, culture and language.
Facilitated by Anton Matthews (Te Rarawa, Te Aupouri), this three-part programme is designed for people in business looking to broaden their understanding of Maori culture and language. Anton breaks down language and concepts making them easier to understand and digest in a safe, practical and meaningful way giving you more confidence to go out there and tackle the big issues.
YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
Run over three half days:
Session One - Thursday 27 February
Session Two - Thursday 5 March
Session Three - Thursday 12 March
Participants will be joining fellow people in business on a collective journey of exploration growing your competence and awareness of:
- The uniqueness, value and importance of Maori language and culture, both in and for business
- Tikanga Maori, Te Tiriti o Waitangi (The Treaty), customary practices and behaviours as they relate to the workplace
- Introductory language skills - including basic pronunciation, important names, greetings, farewells and acknowledgements
- Introducing yourself in te reo, in a variety of business contexts
SO YOU CAN:
- Grow your bi-cultural competency
- Broaden your understanding of Maori culture and language as it relates to business
- Raise cultural awareness in your workplace
- Enable you to better connect with staff, customers and stakeholders
- Realise the uniqueness and value of New Zealand’s indigenous culture and language
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?:
This programme is designed for people in business looking to broaden their understanding of Maori culture and language. Aimed at those new to / beginner speakers of the language.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Owner of bilingual restaurant FUSH, Anton Matthews (Te Rarawa, Te Aupouri), is all about normalising te reo for all Kiwis. Matthews has a degree in te reo Maori and Maori indigenous studies, a graduate diploma in teaching and is a graduate of Te Panekiretaga. His short, simple videos make te reo Maori accessible for anyone willing to give it a go. See more on his YouTube channel.
Member Price: $540 + GST
Non-Member Price: $1080 + GST
(this price is for the 3 modules)