YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Preparing to have a courageous conversation
- Understanding the drivers that build self-awareness
- Strengthening emotional intelligence and empathy
- Using the DESC/GROW model to give development/coaching feedback
- Building a model that encourages self-reflection in the receiver.
SO YOU CAN:
- demonstrate an understanding of the four communication styles and how each style influences the response to feedback
- recognise the impact of emotional intelligence on listening and questioning
- recognise the importance of empathy and perspective-taking in authentic communication
- communicate candid feedback in a non-threatening and constructive manner
- achieve shared understanding and mutual purpose
- practise initiating and receiving courageous conversations.
- authentic communication and necessary change in difficult and challenging behaviour across a range of workplace contexts.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- Managers, team leaders, supervisors delivering upward, downward or horizontal team feedback and performance conversations
- Staff at any level who need to give candid and effective feedback, and retain goodwill to internal and external stakeholders.
Member: $320 + GST
Non-Member: $640 + GST
Desirée Williamson, Communication Works
Desirée designs and facilitates training for organisations seeking more authentic and effective workplace communication with every stakeholder.
Her focus for all participants is to facilitate the discovery of solutions to communication issues, and to enhance the effectiveness of their workplace communication from customer service,
team building, oral presentation and business writing skills.
COMMENTS FROM PREVIOUS ATTENDEES:
"I really enjoyed the way Desirée delivered the content, she was very engaging"
"The tutor was very warm and welcoming, I could relate to her"
"Great content and reference materials"
"Very clear and easy to follow, good use of listening, reading and visual"
'The presenter was energetic, engaging, clear and confident"
"Desirée was very calming, encouraged participation to achieve the best learning outcomes in a safe manner"