Business writing has always been a challenge because it’s one way. You, the writer, know what you want your emails and messages to communicate, but your reader often has a different perception! As social distancing forces us to rely even more on the written channel, we need to ensure that our written messages are not just possible to understand but impossible to misunderstand!
This practical business-writing course delivered over two sessions helps you make the reader the central focus of all your business writing. In addition, personalised facilitator feedback during and between sessions will assist you to make key changes to your structure, grammar and punctuation so you write efficiently and with clarity.
YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Sentence and paragraph construction
- Plain English
- Business writing grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Appropriate business writing conventions
- Structure and information order of business emails, letters, and newsletters
- Editing and proofreading.
SO YOU CAN:
- demonstrate an understanding of contemporary business writing conventions
- use F-shape writing to improve readability and message processing
- recognise the importance of effective sentence and paragraph construction
- recognise common grammatical errors in business writing
- use sound writing principles and current formats to write effective letters and emails
- use self-editing and proofreading techniques to improve accuracy.
- well-written business documents that communicate your key messages, benefit the organisation and enhance your professional credibility.
- In order to maximise the effectiveness of the training, please bring a non-commercially sensitive sample of a workplace document and a laptop to practise your new writing skills.
WHO IS THIS FOR:
- Everyone who wants to write more effective and efficient email and business correspondence
- Anyone who lacks confidence in his/her grammar and formal writing
- Actually, everyone can benefit from this course!
Member Price: $420.00 + GST
Non-member Price: $840.00 + GST
Desirée Williamson, Communication Works
Desirée designs and facilitates training for organisations seeking more authentic and effective workplace communication with every stakeholder. Her focus for all participants is to facilitate the discovery of solutions to communication issues, and to enhance the effectiveness of their workplace communication from customer service, team building, oral presentation and business writing skills.
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS ATTENDEES:
"Desirée is an expert in the field and was very approachable"
"Desirée has a way of making you feel relaxed in her class, she explained things so people from all levels could understand"
"It was easy to follow, she kept me engaged and was really enthusiastic about the seminar"
"Desirée was clear in the delivery of content, great sharing within the group and an open forum"