The contemporary workplace requires all staff to have, as a priority, excellent written communication with internal and external stakeholders, because every message you send creates a perception.
You’ll learn about:
- Sentence and paragraph construction
- Plain English
- Business writing grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Appropriate business writing conventions
- Structure and information order of business emails, letters, and newsletters
- Editing and proofreading.
So you can:
- demonstrate an understanding of contemporary business writing conventions
- use F-shape writing to improve readability and message processing
- recognise the importance of effective sentence and paragraph construction
- recognise common grammatical errors in business writing
- use sound writing principles and current formats to write effective letters and emails
- use self-editing and proofreading techniques to improve accuracy.
- well-written business documents that communicate your key messages, benefit the organisation and enhance your professional credibility.
- In order to maximise the effectiveness of the training, please bring a non-commercially sensitive sample of a workplace document and a laptop to practise your new writing skills.
Who is this for:
- Everyone who wants to write more effective and efficient email and business correspondence
- Anyone who lacks confidence in his/her grammar and formal writing
- Actually, everyone can benefit from this course!
Member Price: $490.00 + GST
Non-member Price: $980.00 + GST
Desirée Williamson, Communication Works
Desirée designs and facilitates training for organisations seeking more authentic and effective workplace communication with every stakeholder. Her focus for all participants is to facilitate the discovery of solutions to communication issues, and to enhance the effectiveness of their workplace communication from customer service, team building, oral presentation and business writing skills.
Feedback from previous attendees:
"Desirée is an expert in the field and was very approachable"
"Desirée has a way of making you feel relaxed in her class, she explained things so people from all levels could understand"
"It was easy to follow, she kept me engaged and was really enthusiastic about the seminar"
"Desirée was clear in the delivery of content, great sharing within the group and an open forum"