From supporting employees to return to work, to managing the absences that have a detrimental effect on business, to making the difficult decision to terminate employment for ongoing medical incapacity in cases where you simply cannot hold a job open indefinitely.
YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
In this half day course, you will develop an understanding and awareness of:
- The legislation that determines sick leave entitlements and your obligations with employment agreements
- Good practice and good faith dealings when managing an employee who has a medical condition and certificate of short-term incapacity
- Dealing with suspicion or evidence of dishonesty and abuse of sick leave
- Managing ad-hoc and intermittent sick leave or unpaid absences
- Supporting and Managing an effective return to work
- Reasonable processes for terminating for medical incapacity
- Pro-active steps to improve employee support and attendance
SO YOU CAN:
- Develop best practice sick leave management that meets the requirements of the law
- Manage and implement procedures around sickness and medical incapacity
- Comply with holidays and employment law legislation
- Compliance with employment law on sickness issues
- Reduced risks of a personal grievance or employment relationship problems
- Greater confidence in managing difficult and emotional issues
- Improved staff engagement and reduced uncertainty in attendance
- Better business performance outcomes
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is aimed at providing all business owners, managers, employers, human resources and administrators seeking practical guidance on managing staff and sick leave.
Member Price: $290 + GST
Non-Member Price: $580 + GST