YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
Developing effective interpersonal skills
- Building consensus and working collaboratively to solve problems
- Writing effective emails
- Understanding the essential administration of meetings
- Applying SMART techniques to manage time and set priorities.
SO YOU CAN:
reflect on and evaluate your communication style and its effects on others
- understand the importance of effective listening, questioning and feedback techniques, non-verbal communication, and assertiveness in order to ensure clear communication
- update contemporary business writing conventions
- recognise the key elements in meeting management
- use skilled interaction to solve problems and build consensus
- work SMART and manage time effectively.
a positive communication climate where ‘things get done’ efficiently and workplace relationships are enhanced.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Newly appointed administrators
- Anyone in an organisation who juggles multiple administrative demands in a fast-paced business context and wants to update and refresh these critical skills.
Member: $320 + GST
Non-Member: $640 + GST
Desirée Williamson, Communication Works
Desirée designs and facilitates training for organisations seeking more authentic and effective workplace communication with every stakeholder.
Her focus for all participants is to facilitate the discovery of solutions to communication issues, and to enhance the effectiveness of their workplace communication from customer service,
team building, oral presentation and business writing skills.
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS ATTENDEES:
"Desirée was very clear & easy to connect with, she had a great understanding"
"Great delivery of material, lots of breakouts"
"Desirée was a clear and interesting presenter, excellent delivery and good group activities"
EVENTS AT ALERT LEVEL 2
At The Chamber we continue to run our training and events where possible under Alert Level 2 regulations, including social distancing, hand sanitising, contact tracing of all visitors to our premises, and respectfully requesting those that are unwell do not attend. Rescheduling or online delivery of events and training will occur where these conditions cannot be met.