Understanding your Income Statement and Balance Sheet
A survey of small businesses revealed that 41% consider the financials to be the hardest part of running their business, and 19% admitted they put their financials into the ‘too hard’ basket. Accounting for non-accountants is designed specifically for those who need to read their basic financial statements and improve their understanding of key accounting concepts.
Each topic begins with easy examples and builds towards the more complex, as participants are guided through financial statements, their classifications and groupings, and other related issues.
Note that this is a hands-on workshop and participants will be asked to complete simple exercises.
YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- What double entry accounting means
- The key features of an income statement
- The important elements of a balance sheet
- The purpose of depreciation
SO YOU CAN:
- Understand the three sections of a balance sheet
- Understand the key groupings for your expenses, assets and liabilities
- Understand the jargon used by accountants
- Read your own financial statements
- A better understanding of the business' finances
- Improved communication with your accountant
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Small business owners
- Managers needing to read financial statements
- Staff seeking a better understanding of business accounts.
Member: $329 + GST
Non-Member: $658 + GST
B Com, DipTch, CA, MBA
Geof is a Chartered Accountant with a background as both a secondary and tertiary teacher. He established and managed a business school in the polytechnic sector, and has held a senior management position in Wellington with the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants. Geof now specialises in training, offering a variety of practical accounting and business subjects, using the internet and hands-on computer workshops.
He is also a training facilitator and examination marker for the Professional Accounting School of the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants.
Over the past twenty years thousands of small business attendees have benefited from Geof's down-to-earth courses on accounting and computing.
His approach is hands-on and practical, and in simple terms he will demystify previously difficult accounting and business concepts.
COMMENTS FROM PREVIOUS ATTENDEES:
"Accounting made easy and the exercises make it more interactive and easier to understand"
"Great to have relatable examples"
"Presenter was great"