Attracting and retaining the right people is one of the biggest challenges employers face; now more than ever. In a very different labour market, businesses need to cast their net wider and recognise alternative workforce solutions.
Great recruitment, selection, and staff induction matters - and creates huge opportunities for those businesses that put in the effort. This workshop will show you how the success of your business depends on your ability to get it right - and gives you the tools to do it.
YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Identifying the skills and competencies you need in your team, and in your business
(including writing job descriptions)
- Advertising to attract the right candidates
- Shortlisting so you only interview the best candidates
- Interviewing questions that will help you to identify people with the skills and competencies you need
- Identifying and utilising other assessment and selection methods to help make your selection decision
- Utilising reference checking to increase the chances of getting your selection right
- Ensuring fair (and legal!) selection practices & managing assumptions and biases
- On-boarding your new people
SO YOU CAN:
- Select the right people with the right skills & attitudes for your team & organisation
- Ensure new people are welcomed into your team, and they are set up to be effective and successful in your business
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Recruitment and onboarding skills workshop is appropriate for people of all levels of an organisation. This course is for managers, team leaders and other people who recruit staff and want to increase their chances of getting it right!
Note: Owing to the importance that group discussion and diverse perspectives play in the effectiveness of the training, the running of this workshop is subject to meeting minimum participant numbers.
Member: $499 + GST
Non-Member: $499 + GST
With over 20 years experience in training and learning & development, Carolyn also has extensive experience as an HR Manager and as a people leader; this provides an essential background to ensure all the workshops she delivers are tailored to participants needs, are useful and relevant.
She believes that any workshop or learning experience must be based on robust theory and research, and more importantly must provide useful tools and techniques for immediate use. She believes the workshop must be an enjoyable experience so that all participants go away with the feeling that they had a fun yet very practical day.