If the thought of confrontation terrifies you, and you do everything you can to avoid difficult conversations, then this course will help you to gain the skills to be able to engage in awkward conversations with confidence and candour.
In this half-day workshop you will gain the skills to be able to be able to prepare yourself for conversations and situations that may be challenging, giving you the confidence to stay on track, remain articulate, agree the best course of action and next steps, and achieve the desired outcomes of the conversation.
- Prepare to have a difficult and challenging conversation
- Recognise the importance of empathy, while taking into account your business goals
- Use listening and non-verbal communication to develop a shared understanding and outcome
- Recognise the impact of various management styles
- Engage in candid feedback in a constructive manner
- Practice engaging in courageous conversations
- Build skills and tactics on how to approach difficult or challenging conversation.
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR:
Communications expert Desirée Williamson has been supporting Canterbury business people for over a decade, providing the tools and dialogues to help achieve tangible communication improvements that result in an enhanced workplace communication climate and credibility in the workplace.
Through her experience working with people at various stages of their career, across a multitude of industries, Desirée is able to help with various scenario planning to provide practical support for course attendees, while also providing a comfortable environment for attendees to share real-life challenges.
Member: $329 + GST
Non-Member: $658 + GST*
* Did you know that an annual membership may be more cost-effective, enabling you to access member-only training and events pricing, as well as other member savings, resources and business support? Contact our membership team today to find out how a Chamber membership could benefit you and your business.
NOTE: This course requires a minimum number of attendees, so this date may be subject to change, however we will be in touch with you regarding options if this happens. In the event of an escalation of Alert Levels due to COVID-19, this course will be delivered via a live online workshop in line with social distancing obligations. This training course is also run regularly through the year. If you are unable to make this date, please contact us to register your interest in a future date.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
- Essential Supervision Skills Programme
- Managing Mental Health in the Workplace
- Essential Leadership Skills Programme
- Courageous Conversations – Online
- Personal Productivity
- Skills for Effective Mentoring and Coaching
- U-Turn Performance