This webinar is run in partnership with the New Zealand Payroll Practitioners Association (NZPPA).
In this second topic on tax for payroll a range of more advanced topics
will be covered that the payroll practitioner may not action on a regular
basis in their payroll but still needs to have an understanding of when
they do come up.
Attendees will be able to ask questions throughout the webinar through
the Q&A functionality of ZOOM and the webinar will be recorded so
participants will be able to view the webinar after the session. Participant
will also be provided with a full set of comprehensive notes.
- ACC first week work place accident and topping up options (work
and non-work accident)
- Working out Employer Superannuation Contribution Tax (ESCT) for
an employee in different situations
- Actioning Tailored tax codes
- Calculating Extra Pays (lump sum payments) for and range of
payments (bonus, redundancy, retirement allowance, different
Holidays Act leave payments)
- Allowances (taxable, reimbursing and non-taxable) why they are
treated in different ways.
- Important sections to know in the Income Act 2007
- Paying a IRD 157 notice
- Employee share scheme dividend paid through payroll
- Applying student loan SLBOR, SLCIR and STC deductions
- How is a personal grievance (settlement agreement) paid, what is
taxed and what is not?
- What are the requirements for paying a deceased employees final
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Whether you’re a business owner that does it all (and we know for many that means doing the accounts at night!), a manager who needs to understand their budgets better or you’re the office all-rounder who wants to know what those ledger entries mean – this course is for you.
Member (Chamber): $165 + GST
Member (NZPPA): $165+ GST
Non-Member: $185 + GST