Facilitated by Anton Matthews (Te Rarawa, Te Aupouri), this is the third module in the three part series.
- Gain a greater awareness of tikanga Maori, as well as Te Tiriti o Waitangi The Treaty of Waitangi, customary practices and behaviours as they relate to the workplace.
- Develop introductory language skills, including basic pronunciation, important names, greetings, farewells and acknowledgements.
- Be able to introduce yourself in te reo, in a variety of business contexts.
This course will help you to grow your bicultural competency, with practical advice and steps on how to incorporate key learnings into the workplace. This will help you to better connect with staff, customers and stakeholders, and demonstrate your organisation’s commitment to and support of diversity in the workplace.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Owner of bilingual restaurant FUSH, Anton Matthews, is all about normalising te reo for all Kiwis. Anton has a degree in in Te Reo Maori and Maori Indigenous Studies, and a Graduate Diploma in Teaching at the University of Canterbury Te Whare Wananga o Waitaha. A graduate from top Maori language academy Te Panekiretanga o Te Reo Maori, Anton is a natural teacher and presenter, never more comfortable than sharing his passion for te reo – watch some of his videos here.
COVID-19 VACCINE POLICY AND PRACTICES
Please note, on the day of training all learners / visitors to our premises will be required to:
• Stay away if experiencing cold or flu like symptoms, or if a close contact or someone in your household has been exposed to COVID-19.
• Sign/Scan in using the COVID-19 tracer app.
• Follow all applicable COVID-19 protocols and restrictions based on the highest COVID-19 Protection Framework level that applies to both where the attendee is visiting from
and the Canterbury region, including social distancing, and mask wearing outside of the classroom.
• And, from 3 December 2021, present proof of vaccination via a COVID-19 Vaccine Pass, which will be scanned upon entry.
Click here for further details on our terms and conditions.