Storytelling is scientifically proven to help you engage more deeply with customers and generate sales. Whether it’s building on ‘buy local’ through telling the story of who you are, telling stories about the good things you are doing, or sharing the highs and lows along your journey there’s never been a more important time to connect with your market.
ABOUT THIS COURSE:
This course is suited to anyone interested in, or tasked with, the marketing and communications for their business.
Ran over 4 weeks online participants of the programme will:
- Learn from the NZ Marketing Associations most experienced facilitators.
- Have access to the online presentations, resources and activities journeying you through the programme, accessible online at your convenience.
- Participate in weekly online group discussions with talented marketers and fellow programme participants.
- Network with a community of like-minded business peers from throughout the country committed to improving their business and furthering their education and career.
Each week will begin with a short presentation from the facilitator to introduce that week's topic. Then for the rest of the week there will be activities and resources to support your learning.
Each week wraps up on a Friday, with a live video discussion with the facilitator and other participants. If you can't make it, the recording will be available to view after the session.
For this course, the live session each Friday will be held @ 11.30am for 1 hour max.
YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
- the importance of good storytelling and why facts aren't enough
- why we do our best but can fail to be heard or 'cut through'
- the key ingredients of a story in a simple, digestible way
- the role of context and how to drive the story forward
- the role of neuroscience in 'getting it right'
SO YOU CAN:
- understand what every good story needs and why it needs it
- understand how you can write more memorable stories in a crowded environment
- see why some stories nailed it and others didn't make the grade through real-life case studies
Member: $325.00 + GST
Non-Member: $475.00 + GST
Steve Ballantyne, Founder and Owner, StoryIQ
Steve began his professional life as a designer and then spent over 30 years in the advertising industry. He founded (and then ran for 25 years) one of New Zealand’s most successful B2B marketing agencies, BallantyneTaylor. Collaborating with more than 150 brands throughout Australasia, his client list included companies such as Canon, Lumley, Lockwood, Westfield, Anchor, PGG Wrightson and OfficeMax.