ADVOCATING FOR CANTERBURY BUSINESS
As the home and voice of Canterbury business, one of The Chamber’s key drivers is to advocate on behalf of our members
. This includes discussing and raising the profile of key issues in the media, policy submissions, and external representation by many of our team on local and national groups and Boards.
Key network partners BusinessNZ and New Zealand Chambers of Commerce and Industry (NZCCI) also advocate on our behalf and the behalf of our members, enabling us to collectively utilise our capabilities and resources to provide a strong business voice on issues that impact local business.
As a founding member of national business advocacy group BusinessNZ
, The Chamber and our members are represented through all BusinessNZ advocacy. BusinessNZ works to affect positive change through new thinking, productivity and innovation, promoting the voice of thousands of businesses across New Zealand. To learn more visit their website here >
BusinessNZ has released their latest update on recent advocacy work including -
- Business Solidarity - Support for flood impacted businesses
- The Skilled Migrant visa/types of visas
- Price stability and monetary policy
- Moving on from the Resource Management Act (RMA, 1991)
- The Crown Minerals amendment bill
- Response to the 'Review into the future of local Government'
You can read their latest March update on the BusinessNZ website here
As one of 30 Chambers in New Zealand, we also help to make up the New Zealand Chambers of Commerce and Industry (NZCCI)
– one of the country’s leading and most influential business networks. NZCCI supports over 22,000 members and is active in its role to promote, support and encourage sustainable, profitable business growth. It also provides members access to the largest business network in the world. Visit the NZCCI website >
Keep up to date with our latest news including key advocacy activities in our Latest News
section. This section details media related activity, documentation, meetings and other updates which may help answer your advocacy questions.