The Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce (The Chamber) is the South Island’s largest membership business support agency – our aim is to help businesses to do business better by providing advice, advocacy, training, opportunities to network and access to latest thinking via a great range of events. The Chamber as an organisation is totally committed to adding value to members and to our region.
We are looking for a General Manager to provide leadership for our management team and oversee the internal operations of the organisation.
To be a good fit for The Chamber and this role, you are people-centric, a natural communicator, and a non-stop advocate for our members and their customer experience. You are a strategic and innovative thinker with a high level of commercial acumen. A skilled communicator, you can quickly build rapport and trusted relationships with both our members and the internal Chamber team. You will be passionate about leading change and making a difference to Canterbury business
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development and implementation of the business plan
- Providing leadership to the management team to meet organisational objectives
- Providing direction and support to the 30 strong Chamber team
- Human resources and the culture of the organisation
- Monitoring financial outcomes
- Supporting the CEO with stakeholder engagement including local and central government, SME’s and corporate organisations
- Assisting the CEO with advocacy to support our members and influence legislation, regulation and other government actions
This is an opportunity to be part of an organisation with positive membership engagement and growth. This is a great role for someone with strong leadership and management experience, preferably with previous GM experience, who will put people (both our members and The Chamber team) as their core focus. The successful candidate will have full use of a company vehicle.
If you’re up to the challenge, and enjoy working in a fast-paced empowering environment, please request a copy of the full position description from Claire McOscar (firstname.lastname@example.org) before applying with your CV and a covering letter/email before 5.00pm, Wednesday 31 October to:
Canterbury Employers' Chamber of Commerce
The Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce (The Chamber) is the South Island’s largest membership-based business support agency – our aim is to help businesses to do business better by providing advice, advocacy, training, opportunities to network and access to latest thinking via a great range of events. The Chamber as an organisation is committed to adding value to members and to our region.
We’re looking for a Business Advisor to help us deliver the Regional Business Partner (RBP) programme and help our members improve business capability. You’ll be someone who is excited and passionate about helping business, thrives on interacting with a variety of businesses every day to give them access to expertise, mentoring services and research and development (R&D) funding opportunities. You will deliver advice directly to members and clients from your own knowledge on business strategy and product development/innovation, and referrals onto other services.
As Business Advisor you’ll be responsible for Identifying potential clients and assisting them to understand and engage in product development and business capability. This includes:
- Client screening and assessment to identify capability gaps and areas of support required
- Assisting clients with funding applications and engagement with Callaghan Innovation (CI) programmes
- Developing engagement plans for businesses with appropriate referrals to business support services offered through CI, NZ Trade & Enterprise, Business Mentors and the RBP programme
- Managing client relationship, reporting and grant processing
- Promoting and being an advocate for the RBP through building strong networks and rapport with businesses and other organisations
- Maintaining a portfolio of clients
- Delivering advice to members on key areas such as manufacturing and general business strategy
- Providing a facilitation role in bringing members together to collaborate and find solutions for common issues
- Leading specific projects related to helping businesses do better
To be a good fit for The Chamber and this role, you will have a passion for helping businesses, innovation and product development. You will have a genuine interest in and knowledge of technology and R&D across a wide range of industry sectors, including manufacturing. You may have run your own business, or have had significant experience with developing and implementing business strategy and general operations.
If you’re up to the challenge, and enjoy working in a fast-paced empowering environment, please request a copy of the full position description from Claire McOscar (email@example.com) before applying with your CV and a covering letter/email before 5.00pm, Friday 2 November 2018.