Get the right H&S advice
Creating a healthy and safe workplace is paramount however it doesn’t need to be hard, time-consuming or expensive.
Our Health and Safety Advisors are here to make things simple and easy. As a member of The Chamber, we can support you with your day-to-day queries as well as assist with developing and reviewing your plans and procedures.
We’re often referred to as ‘the best kept secret in town’. Our free advice extends across a wide range of enquiries, meaning most enquiries won’t cost you anything (above your annual Chamber membership fee). We believe in being upfront about any consultancy fees. We’ll never charge you, unless agreed prior - that’s our promise.
Here’s some of the ways we help organisations:
- Helping understand your legal obligations
- Gap analysis and assistance with your health and safety systems
- Guidance on what ‘reasonably practicable’ means in different scenarios
- Assistance with creating your emergency management plans
- Risk and accident management – recording, reporting and investigating
- Understanding your obligations around contractor management
- Hazardous substances - obligations under the new regulations
- In-house training – we’ll come and deliver customised training at your workplace
- General enquiries – we believe no question is a silly one!
We’re proud to support over 2900 local businesses with their health and safety queries.
Let’s work through it together - phone 0800 50 50 96 to speak to one of our friendly Advisors.
Helen brings a depth and breadth of experience to The Chamber having spent over 18 years specialising in health and safety practice.
She's helped organisations of all sectors and sizes, and is a firm believer in making things simple and easy. There's never a question too silly for Helen - although she is always up for a laugh!
Helen's knowledge of health and safety is well complemented by a background in human resource management and adult teaching.
Talk to Helen: Helenm@cecc.org.nz or 03 353 0304
Alan's worked with The Chamber since October 2015, but has over 6 years’ experience explicitly within the health and safety industry. Before that he spent 6 years in a training role that included health and safety instruction to employees and contractors.
Alan’s experience has been in a wide range of industries including agriculture, manufacturing, construction and engineering. His areas of expertise are around the legal application of health and safety, chemical handling and spill management.
Similar to Helen, Alan is there to make things simple and easy. No question is a silly one.
Talk to Alan: Alanb@cecc.org.nz or 03 353 0308