BUSINESS WRITING SKILLS
The contemporary workplace requires all staff to have, as a priority, excellent written communication with internal and external stakeholders, because every message you send creates a perception.
This half-day, practical business-writing course encourages you to make the reader the central focus of all your business writing. In addition, the workshop allows you to reflect on your emails and letters and make some key changes to structure, grammar and punctuation in order to communicate with greater clarity.
You’ll learn about:
- Sentence and paragraph construction
- Plain English
- Business writing grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Appropriate business writing conventions
- Structure and information order of business emails, letters, and newsletters
- Editing and proofreading.
So you can:
- demonstrate an understanding of contemporary business writing conventions
- use F-shape writing to improve readability and message processing
- recognise the importance of effective sentence and paragraph construction
- recognise common grammatical errors in business writing
- use sound writing principles and current formats to write effective letters and emails
- use self-editing and proofreading techniques to improve accuracy.
- well-written business documents that communicate your key messages, benefit the organisation and enhance your professional credibility.
In order to maximise the effectiveness of the training, please bring a non-commercially sensitive sample of a workplace document and a laptop to practise your new writing skills.
Who is this for?
- Everyone who wants to write more effective and efficient email and business correspondence
- Anyone who lacks confidence in his/her grammar and formal writing
- Actually, everyone can benefit from this course!
Thursday 5 April 2018
9:00am to 1:00pm
The Chamber, 57 Kilmore Street
Desirée (Communication Works) designs and facilitates training for organisations seeking more authentic and effective workplace communication with every stakeholder. Her focus for all participants is to facilitate the discovery of solutions to communication issues, and to enhance the effectiveness of their workplace communication from customer service, team buliding, oral presentation and business writing skills.
$320.00 + GST
$640.00 + GST