Migrating from a Hazard to a Risk
How to migrate your hazard register to a risk register for the new Health and Safety at Work Act.
The Health and Safety at Work Act requires organisations to move from a hazard management environment to a risk management environment. The mechanism of controlling hazards (the hierarchy of controls) has been abolished and a new hierarchy of controls for the elimination and reduction of risk has been introduced.
This practical and hands on workshop will teach you how to migrate your hazard register to a risk register whilst fostering positive participation and engagement with your workers including contractors.
RELEVANT TO YOU?
Suitable for all types of business whether office based or heavy industrial. Ideal for business owners, workers, managers, supervisors, team leaders, H&S Representatives, members of Health and Safety Committee’s looking for new or updated skills, or anyone wanting an understanding of what is needed to comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- What the legislation requires and understanding the difference between hazards and risks
- How to identify, assess and control hazards with the new hierarchy of controls
- The role of health and safety representatives and health and safety committees with risk management
- How to foster positive participation and engagement with your workers and contractors
- How to migrate your existing hazard content to a risk register
- How to develop meaningful safe working information
- How do develop a practical process for ongoing risk assessment (after migration)
AFTERWARDS YOU’LL BE ABLE TO …
- Identify and explain the various types of risk
- Get your workers, health and safety representatives and health and safety committee engaged and involved in migrating your hazard content
- Create a risk register
- Improve your safe working information
Unit Standard - None
Monday 19 June 2017
9.00am to 12.30pm
The Chamber, 57 Kilmore Street
Helen Mason (CECC, Health and Safety Consultant) brings a depth and breadth of experience having spent over 15 years specialising in health and safety combined with a background in human resources and adult teaching.
$240.00 + GST
$480.00 + GST