Health & Safety Essentials for Small Business
This course will give you an overview of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, it will look at how it may affect you as a business owner, and give some ideas about how to improve health and safety for your workforce.
You’ll learn about:
- Current Health and Safety legislation
- Your responsibilities as both a business and a business owner
- The responsibilities of your employees
So you can:
- Manage risks in your workplace
- Make sure your workforce is as safe as is reasonably practicable
- Organise your health and safety obligations
- Be confident you are ‘doing the right thing’
- A safe and healthy workplace
- The application of a management system that is suitable for your business
- Knowledge of the principles of the Health and Safety at Work Act
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at anyone who owns or runs a small business and is really concerned that they don’t know enough about how the current law will affect their business.
Thursday 8 November 2018
9.00am to 12.30pm
The Chamber, 57 Kilmore Street
Alan Boswell (CECC, Health and Safety Consultant) has extensive experience with hazard management systems and the implementation of controls. Alan is able to understand the needs of any organisation and design a health and safety programme to suit.