One day Training for H&S Reps - Stage 1 - West Coast
This one-day course is an introduction to the role of a Health and Safety Representative under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and its regulations. Stage 1 provides Representatives with the foundation knowledge to enable them to exercise their duties and responsibilities as workplace Health and Safety Representatives.
YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- How to effectively perform the responsibilities of a workplace health and safety representative
- Understand health and safety legal requirements
- Promote the successful management of health and safety issues in good faith
- Representatives' wider roles: network and resources
- The formation and importance of Health and Safety Committees
- The ability to administer a Provisional Improvement Notice or direct unsafe work to cease
SO YOU CAN:
- Gain an introduction to workplace health and safety
- Understand worker engagement and participation
- Use good faith practices
- Fulfil the functions of health and safety representatives
- Employ effective risk and hazard management
- Promote workplace health and safety culture
- The ability to act as an effective health and safety representative
- Greater worker engagement and participation
- A more robust health and safety culture within your organisation
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Recently elected or appointed health and safety representatives
- Health and safety committee members
- Others with and interest in, or responsibility for, workplace health and safety.
Monday 25 June 2018
9:00am to 4:00pm
REAP House, 72 Tudor Street, Hokitika, West Coast
Helen Mason (CECC, Health and Safety Consultant) brings a depth and breadth of experience having spent over 15 years specialising in health and safety combined with a background in human resources and adult teaching.
$550.00 + GST